Friday, December 7, 2018

Growth Mindset: Learning from Other Students

Quote 1:

R.U.N.

I've always like the word run. When we get negative feedback, let's take it in stride. We accomplished something that received feedback. We have the potential to make it better, to do better.
R-Rejoice
U-Under
N-Negativity

I don't handle negative feedback well, so this will be one to keep in mind going forward,

Quote 2:

YOU WILL BE OKAY
My mantra is something my mom always tells me when I'm freaking out or stressed over schoolwork. When she says "You will be okay," there is a sense of "you will be okay because you better have put in the effort for this test/essay/whatever and so you will do okay because you put the work in, right?" It  emphasizes the process - the process of studying/writing a paper/listening and paying attention.

This is a big issue for me. When I put in so much effort, only to have a grade come back not as high as it needed to be.

via Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment