Tuesday, August 21, 2018

My Favorite Place

I don't generally like to choose favorites. It always feels like I've forgotten something or someone that should've been more qualified. Not to mention the fact that my preferences tend to change with my mood. With that being said, my favorite place at the moment would have to be my home. What can I say? The homesickness is finally hitting me. I'm from Woodsboro, Maryland- a small town a couple miles northeast of the center of Frederick county. The town is four blocks wide, Main Street is 1.2 miles long (according to Google Maps), and we don't even have a stop light until you try to turn onto the highway.
Map of Maryland with Frederick County highlighted (right)
Map of Frederick County with the town of Woodsboro highlighted (left)
Source: Wikipedia
A three hour drive can get you anywhere from the cities of Baltimore and Washington DC, to the mountains of Morgantown, West Virginia, to the Gettysburg National Battle field, or even to the beach in Ocean City, Maryland- a notorious party city where everyone goes to drink underage right after their high school graduation. But more than the place itself, it's my friends and family I miss the most. So I guess that actually makes my favorite place wherever they are.
Family Portrait- Clearwater, FL October 2017
Back Row- Left to Right: Andrew Handwerk (Brother), Katheryn Acker (Friend who got dragged along on the trip)
Front Row- Left to Right: Jim Handwerk (Father), Jessica Handwerk (Me), Darla Handwerk (Mother)
Source: Terri Handwerk (Grandmother)
Group Photo- January 2018
Back Row- Left to Right: Rachel Wilson, Katheryn Acker, Brittany Doster
Middle Row- Left to Right: Zoe Nagel, Kaitlyn Oberhaus
Front Row- Left to Right: Jessica Handwerk, Ioana Draghici
Source: Ioana Draghici

1 comment:

  1. What a great part of the country, Jessica, and such fun pictures! I used to do some consulting for a school in Mercersburg, which is in Pennsylvania, but actually very close to Frederick, so probably not all that far from Woodsboro! I thought the kids were very lucky to be going to school in a place that was both so beautiful and also so historic. Mercersburg also has just one stop light if I remember correctly. :-)

    ReplyDelete