Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Exploring the Reading Options

Looking at the UnTextbook, the three categories that jumped out at me the most were:

1. Brothers Grimm

Stories from four different collections of the Brothers Grimm's stories are available, and I'm a sucker for a good fairytale. Although something tells me it won't be quite like the Disney versions. The sub-groups are Ashliman, Crane, Hunt, and LibriVox.

2. Italian Popular Tales

I'm taking my third semester of Italian right now, so it should be fun to learn more about the culture while learning the language.

Italian stories will always be second to Italian food.
Source: Pixnio
3. Myths of the Cherokee

As with the Italian tales, I love learning about other cultures! Plus, I almost feel obligated to explore the people who initially settled in the Oklahoma area since I didn't grow up learning about it.

**Shout out to Blogger for automatically saving a draft of this right before my dumb self closed the tab without publishing!**

2 comments:

  1. Hi again Jessica! I love reading the Brother's Grimm stories, and reading different versions of fairy tales that we all grew up with! I am so excited for you to be in your third semester of Italian! Have you ever gone to Italy, or plan to go? I took German because I use to live in Germany when I was little and wanted to see if I could gain some of the language back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to go to Italy! I'm hoping to spend a semester in Arezzo with the Chemistry program, but with my schedule working out the way it has I might need to just do a summer trip or something.

      Delete